So the big news is we are starting a Youtube Channel! We’ll feature videos that will be entertaining and educational, so somewhat “edutational” (we’ll delve into how later).
The content of the videos are going to be a (usually) high ranked guest player playing on the ladder in a low ranked account. Of course there will be allegations of “smurfing”, the practice of faking incompetence so one can get a near perfect win streak. However this is not the case, as:
1. Our intentions are not to win, but to attempt with good mechanics, try ridiculous strategies to demonstrate the flexibility of Starcraft gameplay.
2. We seek to entertainment. Starcraft is a game, which is played (ideally) for fun. I personally find laddering stressful, and ultimately an ego-trip, in short, the opposite of fun.
3. We want to experiment. We want to understand the meta-game of Starcraft better. We want to answer such questions as “How much harass will a player take before leaving a game”, or “how effective is a certain unit”, or “what is the ideal unit-worker ration in the late-game?” Experimenting directly in higher leagues, especially when the player is being matched against above-league players makes experimenting difficult on a stressful ladder scenario.
4. We love the Funday Monday challenges. Let’s do that everyday.
With these goals in mind, here is what you will not see:
1. BM from us. Part of the “noob bashing” mentality is putting down your opponent verbally or otherwise. Of course, the opponent may not be happy, and may reflect so otherwise. We choose to see these attacks as laughable, not an insult, and will respond with nothing but good cheer.
(on a side note, our studies so far show a large percentage of sub-gold players showing BM during both losses and wins. A staggering large of them don’t gg 😦 )
2. Games that are uninteresting wins. We won’t post games showcasing how we 4-gated someone or played standard. We seek to challenge ourselves and see what we can do.
I will also be casting games played in the upcoming college tournament on my campus. This site will be up in a few weeks after things become less hectic.
I will upload some more music at that time as well